Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

GH Moms’ Meet-up at Salt and Pepper Restaurant

[As posted last November 28, 2010 on Tumblr]

Last Thursday, November 25, me and my youngest sister Jona were lucky to be invited to a moms’ meet-up by Good Housekeeping Philippines. The event took place at Salt and Pepper Casual Dining Restaurant in Mandaluyong. Fortunately it was my sister’s off that day so she was able to come while I on the other hand came there straight from night duty. We came there just before eleven in the morning and a number of participants have already registered and starting to get acquainted with each other.

After registration, we sat on a table meant for six people where we met Evelyn, Dy-Ann, Ting and Joyce.


L to R: Jona, me, Evelyn, Joyce, Dy-Ann and Ting
L to R: Jona, me, Evelyn, Joyce, Dy-Ann and Ting
  Unfortunately we weren’t able to meet the other participants from the other tables. I really hope we had more time to know all the other participants but i’m starting to get sleepy and dizzy already.

It started with a raffle and a game for prizes then lunch was served.

From the buffet I got this.


rice, fish fillet w/tartar sauce, grilled chicken breast, pasta w/white sauce and pizza; of course iced tea for drinks
rice, fish fillet w/tartar sauce, grilled chicken breast, pasta w/white sauce and pizza; of course iced tea for drinks

My sister got this.

my sister got almost the same food as mine except she got veggie salad
my sister got almost the same food as mine except she got veggie salad

We had brownies for dessert. Yummy!



During lunch, Carlo Vergara joined us for a chat. A GH representative sat on each of the tables. We talked about what we liked, what we didn’t like, what we’re expecting from the magazine and a lot more. I believe Carlo took a lot of notes from our table.

After our sumptuous lunch, we again had a game, an activity and ended with a raffle. We thought the members of the table right next to us were damn lucky because each of them won prizes already if not during the game, on the raffle but before the raffle ended, most of the people on our table also had prizes from the raffle.

Joyce already won a prize from the first game. Evelyn and my sister each got a stainless steel barbecue grill.



I won a recipe book!


me with Carlo with my Fast & Easy Recipe book
me with Carlo with my Fast & Easy Recipe book
 We had our pictures taken at the mini-stage before everyone left.



With Carlo and Kat of GH.



We had more than three hours of fun, ideas and prizes and I want to be part of it again next time.




After that, I thought i’d still have enough energy to head on to Greenbelt 5 (more on that story on the next post) but i still have work in the evening so I opted to go home instead while my sister already had plans after the meet-up so we parted ways on the MRT station with me north bound and my sister south bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...