Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

choices

[As posted last July 20, 2010 on Tumblr]


i have a friend whose name i cannot disclose for now and she shared her current writing with me. she also gave me a go to share it also with you my dear readers. i hope you enjoy reading her stuff i actually am encouraging her to create her blog so she can also share her thoughts with blog readers everywhere, she’s a good writer don’t you think?
CHOICES…
Each day as soon as we wake up we already decide and choose what to do first. We choose if we would go straight to the bathroom to shower or take a cup of coffee first to awaken a sleeping soul. After which we then choose what to do for the entire day.
There is no minute of the day that we did not make a choice…
We choose what to wear…
What to eat…
What to say to people we meet…
What to buy…
What to read…
What to search in the net…
What to pray for the day…
What to do…
Even on what to feel, admit it or not we choose how we would like to feel and perceive things…

How about choosing your future?
Have you already decided your options?
If you are of the same age as I, at 32 years, what would you choose…to marry or stay single forever?
Many times I’ve seen this question asked in Facebook, they ask which is better, to have a boyfriend or stay single?
Well, there is really no exact answer to that, right?
Much so to the question of whether to stay single forever or get married!

For those who are married, they have much more to say and react to this.
They have experienced each side of the world. They could tell which one is better.
Is there really such a thing a “better” between staying single or married? Mmm….

I think every thing depends to the results of your choices.
I think it is fine to stay single as long as you can also live up to its demands such as being alone in most times of your lifetime.
Somebody once told me that staying single is not bad at all and that there’s nothing wrong of saying “NO”.
I’ve been thinking, if I choose to marry even if he is the guy I truly love and wanting to be with for the rest of my life, it is just my choice that matters?
So this makes me think again, after the choices we make, it doesn’t stop there…
Choices we make comes with greater responsibility of its results, positive or negative, we should stand for what we have chosen.

I am not sure if I am making sense in what I am saying, but what I just want to share is that…
We have a CHOICE and it comes with responsibility.

Now for those, who are on the same dilemma as mine, getting married is a choice not an option.
and now, i believe i could not comment on the content of her writing since i am already married and happy with my married life but i would like to share that i am proud to have made my choice to marry and its already been one year and seven months now. we also have a 16 months old baby girl who really brings joy to our family.

i would also like to share that as a person i can say that at times i have also been a risk taker. being that [a risk taker], i can say that it is not always easy to make the decision but when you make a decision you always have to think so many times before you end up with one and on pondering on how to make that decision, you always have to think of the effect on you and not just you but also to everyone around you. you also have to take into consideration that when you make a decision/choice, that you’ll end up happy whenever and whatever happens, that way, you will never have to think of what ifs and buts at the end because what you did is for your own happiness and when you have happiness in your life you never have to explain to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...